Sheree Johnson is a nationally recognized, highly regarded advertising professional with over 30 years’ experience serving Fortune 500 marketers and top regional and local clients. Prior to founding SJ Insights, Johnson has held senior level, management positions with top Chicago and Kansas City area advertising agencies including Nicholson Kovac (Kansas City), Cunningham & Walsh and McCann-Erickson (both Chicago). She has served as International Chairman for the Business Marketing Association, co-founded the Kansas City chapter and is a Certified Business Communicator (CBC). Sheree is also a part-time instructor at Johnson County Community College (JCCC), teaching digital marketing classes/seminars. She has earned numerous recognitions both on a national and local level including:
- 2014 Kansas City’s Most Influential Woman – KC Business Magazine
- Advertising Age/BtoB Magazine Media Strategist of the Year – 1995, 1998, 2003
- Advertising Age/BtoB Magazine Media Strategist of the Year Veteran Award – 1998
- Top Kansas City Woman Executive of the Year Recipient (Women Who Mean Business) Kansas City Business Journal – 2008
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA) – National Gold Award Media Plan of the Year for EMBARQ – 2009
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA) – National Gold Award Media Plan of the Year for Hilti Power Tools – 2006
- Top Mentor of the Year – KCB Magazine – 2007
- Nominated twice for one of three AAF-KC Members of the Year (2011, 2012)
- NAMA Communicator of the Year – 1995
- Media Mix Club – Media Professional of the Year Award and Media Pioneer of the Year Award
- Selected as one of 12 Top “Baby Boomer” Media Executives by People Magazine, 1984
In addition to serving as SJ Insights’ Founder/CEO, she currently serves on the Marketing Committee for Starlight Theatre, has co-chaired the Marketing Committee for Community LINC and has been on the board of directors for numerous years for AAF-KC, serving as VP/Communications and now as VP/Treasurer. Sheree graduated with a B.S. in Journalism from the University of Kansas and is a self-proclaimed news and media junkie.
Senior Planning Supervisor
Amy is a media professional with over 25 years of experience. She started her career as an associate media buyer, and then moved up the media planning ranks to Media Planning Supervisor. Amy has established and led Media Research and Online Media Planning Groups and has also served as an Account Executive at such agencies as Valentine-Radford, Nicholson Kovac, VML and Barkley. Amy is a pro at media research and finding nuggets of information that can lead to a great idea, or a new way to reach the target audience. Strategic marketing analyses, competitive reviews and target audience analyses are crucial parts of her arsenal. Amy has worked on a variety of consumer, business-to-business and agricultural accounts such as Sprint, H&R Block, Pizza Hut, Sonic, FMC Agricultural Products, Boehringer-Ingelheim Vetmedica, Garst Seeds and Mobay.
Tricia Stephens joined SJ Insights, LLC as Media Supervisor, providing strategic planning and media leadership for several of the firm’s clients. Stephens has over 15 years of advertising experience with top consumer and business-to-business national and regional brands. She started her agency career at Nicholson Kovac and quickly earned several leadership roles, ultimately serving as the agency’s Associate Media Director. She was part of the team that won the National Gold Award for Media Plan of the Year by the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA) for the launch of EMBARQ Corporation. Prior to joining SJ Insights, she had been working as an Independent Media Consultant after serving two years at Meers Advertising as a Channel Specialist. Tricia uses her exceptional critical and strategic thinking skills to develop innovative solutions for our clients, who, along with her media planning acumen, love her analytic insights, attention to detail and overall professionalism.